Thursday, November 15, 2007

We End at the Beginning

Were you wondering if Paul and Miriam ever made it back? They did indeed (and so did my luggage). We all, including Paul's parents, were at the airport to greet Miriam. We have a great photo--which I will post as soon as I locate the cords for the camera from among our mass of dirty clothes and Congolese souvenirs. We came home to have dinner together with my sister's family. She has a girl who is Miriam's age, and they became fast friends. Sometimes language doesn't matter.

She slept great last night, not coming out of the bedroom until I went in to get her. It might have had something to do with the fact that she's terrified of our dogs. Hopefully it won't take her too long to adjust. My exuberant German Shepherd is dying to get in her face.

Today I registered Miriam for school, so she will begin Monday. We toured the school with the ELL teachers, met her first grade class, and went to the grocery store. How's all that for culture shock? Tomorrow I will be joining her on the bus, in order to get her acclimated to the big yellow thing that will be her new transportation to school. She was beginning to tire this afternoon until Jacob came home from school. He's made it her personal quest to teach her as many words as possible.

I have been thinking that this blog would be drawing to a close since Miriam is finally here. It's rather ironic, because now we are merely at the very beginning.

I am so grateful for the thought and prayer that you have all put into our lives. It made all the difference in the world. Please continue to remember us, and especially Miriam as she adjusts to her new life.

With sincere thanks,
Andrea

p.s. Don't forget to look one more time. I'll find that camera cord soon.

4 comments:

foodieLIFE said...

Tshihamba family, You have done what so many others consider doing but are not able or willing to do because of the cost and commitment. This is a wonderful statement of God's work in your hearts.
Thank you for your story.

foodieLIFE said...

Tshihamba family, You have done what so many others consider doing but are not able or willing to do because of the cost and commitment. This is a wonderful statement of God's work in your hearts.
Thank you for your story.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tshihamba Family, I am a friend of Josh. We attend the same worship services in Saxeville Wisconsin. Josh has been wonderful about sharing prayer requests for Miriam's safe arrival. I have enjoyed following the adoption progress on the blog site. God bless you all for accepting the gift of Miriam into your family. I treasure Josh. He has a tender, loving heart and is a blessing to me each time I have the chance to talk with him. I wish you all a safe and happy holiday as you add one more precious person to your thanksgiving table this year. We have 3 Kenyan children as part of our extended family. One goes to Yale so we get to see her. The other two have been re-settled with family after the death of their mother. We miss them terribly but know they are where God means them to be. Blessings to your new family, Mary Wrage
(I signed on as the Huggy Church Lady so Josh would know it was me.)

David W. Gill's EthixBiz Blog said...

Dear Paul and Andrea,
I heard about your blog and amazing adoption recently from a friend on session. Thank you for sharing the adventure so far. I do hope you find your cable to upload more photos and updates on Miriam's adjustment process. Seeing your obedience and real faith at work is wonderful. We miss you in Berkeley!! Love, Bonnie and Keith Johnston