Today was another hard day. The good news is that we have Miriam's passport. The bad news: we didn't get it until 5pm, so we didn't get to the medical examiner today. We need to figure out if we need to change our tickets again. That's another $400. Please pray for wisdom for us. I am exhausted and don't feel like writing much. Let me say just a little about Miriam.
We're starting to recognize the sad, pensive face she gets when she's thinking of home. I saw it tonight as I put her in bed, so I laid next to her, her back against my stomach, and put my arm over her. She turned to face me, putting yer arm across my side. She put her face right on my face, her lips barely touching my cheek. She fell asleep like that, breathing into my face.
As I laid with her, I prayed not that God would heal the pain of the loss she is experiencing, but that God would redeem it. That He would make something beautiful out of something very sad in Miriam's heart. If I believe anything about God, I know that He always redeems. That I can trust.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Andrea,
I have been keeping up on your blog on a regular basis. What a
testimony - God is at work in a powerful way.
Thank you so much for
your encouragement re: Melanie. I will email you soon regarding how God is working on a daily basis in that situation. "Iron sharpens iron like another "women" sharpens another...
I wanted to send a bit of encouragement your way and I am going to quote from a book called "Stripped - uncensored Grace on the Streets of Vegas" By Jud Wilhite. Page 209 -
..."I noticed something in the Bible I had never seen before. In Joshua the Israelites roamed the desert for forty years before God led them to the Jordan River to cross into the Promised Land. Over one million Israelites had waited their entire adult lives for this moment. Joshua told the people to prepare to cross, but the Jordon was at flood stage. At any other time of year they could have waded across, but now the Jordan was a raging river."
"The Bible says that when the priests walked into the river, "the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance
away, at a town called Adam" (Joshua 3:16). The Israelites were able to cross, but I never noticed that the water piled "upstream' at a town called Adam, which is roughly nineteen miles from where they stood. They didn't even see the miracle. God had already been working upstream in their lives. He piled the water up before they ever stepped out in faith."
You and Paul stepped into the Jordan months ago. Mariam's mother also stepped into the Jordan... I am praying that your faith will allow you to feel the Lord's presence UPSTREAM - God is at work before we can see the results! It is amazing to know that HE is piling the water upstream to help you, Paul and Mariam walk through to the Promise Land! The rest
of your family is waiting on the other side.
What a sweet picture of
you and Mariam sleeping. It sounds like PEACE that transcends...
I will continue to hold all of you up in prayer! I especially hold Mariam's mom up - I know the Lord walks close to the broken hearted and I am praying that HE is carrying her through this journey. Mariam has two amazing mothers!
Many Blessings to all of you.
In His Name,
Carey Wennnerlyn
Paul and Andrea,
We have you and Miriam in our prayers. Sorry to hear that things have been so complicated ~ Deb K.
Post a Comment