Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Surreal

Hi Friends,
I'm in the Amsterdam airport waiting for my flight back to Minnesota. Paul and Miriam will leave Kigali in about 5 hours.

I've been keeping a journal for Miriam for about a year. I wanted her to know how it was that she ended up with us. I read through it yesterday, feeling so amazed at how God led us step by step through the whole process, from beginning to end. I am so in awe of it and tremendously grateful to God for how near He has been through it all. Yet even in the midst of this feeling of thankfulness, it almost seems as if it never really happened--like it was just a dream. Here I am, returning home empty-handed. It's very strange.

Paul just texted me to let me know that Miriam "put him to shame." They had just eaten breakfast and she asked him, "Why don't we pray anymore before meals?" She's very sharp. She'll be very tangible to me soon.

I'm about to run out of time on the computer, so I better post this now. Thank you for praying for us.

1 comment:

Carin said...

I miss you guys. Can't wait for a chance to meet Miriam