During this last year I've spent a lot of time waiting. I've waited for many details with regard to this adoption. It was my best attempt at "waiting well," as opposed to simply passing time. I wanted my waiting to be an act of worship. There was some lesson in it for me...some growth of character, yet the view of it is still nebulous from where I stand.
But that's not so much what I wanted to write about. I'm writing to give an update...Paul is likely on his way to Goma now from Kigali. It's a beautiful drive, with the view of the mountains and farms, through many small towns. At the end of the road, you are left at the border of Rwanda and the DRC. Everything changes when you pass through that gate and enter Goma. The evidence of volcanic activity becomes apparent. Goma is a town at the foot of an active volcano, Mt. Nyiragongo, which last erupted in 2002, paving the whole area with lava.
Paul was waiting in Kigali for a couple from our church who will be doing a pastor's training conference this week. Paul will be translating, which will be an exhausting endeavor. Hopefully during this time he will be able to meet with our adoption attorney to find out where things stand. I will find out then by text message, or email if I'm lucky.
So I continue to wait...attempting to do so prayerfully, worshipfully. Thanks for waiting with me.
p.s. I've added some interesting links to the blog--current time in Goma, map of congo, info about the DRC, and a map quiz. Hoping to get my kids to read the blog while I'm gone, I've bribed them to learn all the countries in Africa before I return. I also added an article that Paul wrote in the church newspaper. The link is right under the first photo of Miriam,
Andrea
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)
But those who wait upon GOD get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind. (The Message)
Mais ceux qui comptent sur le Seigneur recoivent des forces nouvelles; comme des aigles ils s'elancent. Ils courent, mais sans se lasser, ils avancent, mais sans faiblir.
Isaiah 40:31
May God continue to speak to Miriam and her family as we wait. May He continue to be the center of focus of the Tshihambas as they wait.
Jackie
Post a Comment