Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Keep Praying!

After the adoption was granted yesterday, Paul went back work and Miriam went home with her mother. The adoption/immigration details in Goma must have been moving along quietly today, so I didn't hear much from Paul until evening (in Goma). A few hours after he went to bed, I got an email from one of the women who has been facilitating the adoption. She told me that neither Miriam nor her mother realize that we intend to take her home with us now...

I guess this is part of the problem with adopting in a country that doesn't have much of any history with adoption. I had explicitly explained more than once, that it was our intention to take her with us in late October. I'm not sure how they have been interpreting this, but we have never actually (until yesterday) spoken with Miriam's mother. All of our communication went through another woman.

I spent about an hour or so feeling overwhelmed and frantic, until I remembered the Psalm that has been the thing that keeps putting me back into a right state of mind through this whole process.

Psalm 131
My heart is not proud, Lord
my eyes are not haughty "I do not think I am in control of this situation"

I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me "This is something that is in God's hands"

But I have calmed myself
and quieted my ambitions I love that phrase

I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content "I can be at rest"

Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore "I'm putting it in you, Lord"

I don't even know what to ask you to pray for, but thank you for being with us in it.

No comments: