Monday, October 22, 2007

Roller Coaster or Ferris Wheel?

Paul feels like he's on a roller coaster. I’m more inclined to think it’s a Ferris wheel ride…and we’re stranded at the top, just waiting for the mechanic to get things moving again. I suppose that has something to do with our differing proximity to the “action.”

I’m not sure about much, but I can tell you the latest update. I’m taking this news as a direction in which to pray, as opposed the assurance that it is exactly what we’ve been waiting for…we have acquired consent through a letter written by the cousin of the deceased father. Our next step is to take the letter to court, but this will not be done until the attorney makes sure that it is legitimate and that the cousin is the appropriate person to be giving consent. The attorney we’ve been working with is in Kinshasa right now, so his partner has been assigned to our case. His being in Kinshasa just happens to be perfect timing, because Miriam needs a passport, which would come from Kinshasa. Paul will be working on adoption details tomorrow.

Please continue to pray…for the pieces to fall into place, for healing of relationships between Miriam’s mother and her father’s family, and for whatever else comes to mind. My constant prayer is that God would be glorified through this process.

Whether it’s a roller coaster or a Ferris wheel, this sure is a wild ride. I’m glad to be on it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey mom i just got off the phone with you and i finnished reading your latest post. it will be very helpful to know what is going on with our whole adoption process.
For others reading, this has been a very exciting and stressful time. right now I am the only adopted child in the family. knowing that i will not be the only adopted child is exciting
Joshua Tshihamba

Carin said...

Joshua,

Good to hear from you too and what you think of all this.

Miss you,

Carin Bertelle